Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Aviation Courses - How to Get Your Private Flying License

Aviation Courses - How to Get Your Private Flying License

I guess what saw me through was my determination to make it, going by my approach of; "if someone can do it, then I can do it better". Even though I had harbored the dream of flying since I was very little when I got my first toy helicopter, the reality of the intensive training required hit me hard. And at first I was skeptical and many times I contemplated discarding the aviation courses altogether and saving my money. Now, a licensed private pilot after 45 hours of flying and 26,000 questions, my thoughts are; "who said flying is hard?"

The aviation courses studies call for aggression and enthusiasm, but at first, it is almost as much as you can muster. later on as you start getting right and thick into the scheme of things, then you start taking in the charts, the graphs and the diagrams and you even fall in love with them. Even though I knew that going for aviation courses would call for every bit of my concentration and every bit of discipline that I could muster, sometimes the repeated preflight checks would almost bore me. However, after about eight near death misses, I have now understood the importance of even something as mundane (mind you, mundane only to a pilot) as pre flight checks.

Read from afar, the 45 hours of flying, 25 with the instructor and the others alone that one needs to put in before they can become a pilot seem almost too little. But not when you are up there in the skies. The good thing is that everything unfolds just as you learnt it in your aviation courses; at least this is what happened to me. I also realized that to fly, and of course, this means to take off and to land safely, one has to put all doubts aside. Flying really starts within a person's mind and maybe that explains why some people find it hard and fail their exams altogether.

Use of AIP and frequency selection, radiotelephony, meteorology, transmission technique, phraseology, conversion of units, aviation law and many other units all require a level head to muster everything. However as I learnt during my aviation courses, a level head alone is not enough. There is a serious need for the best PPL training resource that one can find online, in the libraries, in the school or anywhere. Actually, I think that my training in a private aviation school is what played the biggest part in my passing the exams because the instructors gave us everything.

They also encouraged us to seek other resources. The diagrams, the charts and the easy to understand and follow instructions did the trick. Though the training manuals for the aviation courses looked overwhelmingly oversized (3000 pages each), they really were self explanatory, so simplified and so comprehensive, covering even extra details. That, plus the technical support from the instructor is what makes a private training school ideal. Flying is not only about passing the exams, but it is much more than that. It is a passion. I think going for aviation courses was the smartest thing I ever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment